The Alliance is a unique nonprofit created by the State of New Mexico. Our mission is to help small businesses and individuals who do not qualify for traditional health insurance plans get access to health care.
We offer comprehensive HMO, PPO, Hybrid HMO, and HDHP plans through many Insurance carriers including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Presbyterian Health Plan, Lovelace Health Plan and UnitedHealthcare.
If you qualify as a small business with 2–50 employees or as an individual who recently exhausted COBRA or State Continuation Coverage or lost coverage through an employer, church or governmental group plan, you may be eligible for New Mexico Health Insurance Alliance Plans.
Our advantages are many:
- Your choice of medical plans
- No medical screening…Therefore you cannot be rejected or “rated up” for health conditions
- Comprehensive benefits plans that include physician, outpatient, maternity, unlimited prescription drugs, preventative services, emergency care, hospital and mental health services.
- You can change your carrier and plans annually.
- If you’re a small employer, only 50% of your eligible employees need to enroll.
- We cover groups as small as 1 or 2 employees.
And we provide certified agents to help you decide which coverage option is best for you.
Click on the Individuals & Families or Employers tab to see if you qualify. If you don’t, click on the “find an agent” tab to access our experienced agents to discuss your situation in detail.